While summer may not quite be here just yet, those warm days have us longing for summertime treats. Pineapple is not only delicious, it’s also rich in Vitamin A, which is great for our immune systems. While calling this recipe a health food is a stretch, you don’t have to feel guilty when you reach for a second piece…and from our experience, you will.
- 5 cups (40 ounces) pineapple chunks drained
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt the butter in a pan or in the microwave.
- Add the flour, oats, brown sugar, and melted butter to a dish and mix well.
- Lightly grease your 8″ x 8″ dish with nonstick spray.
- Sprinkle half the crisp mixture into the lightly grease dish.
- Add the drained pineapple chunks over the crisp.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon & granulated sugar over the top of the pineapple chunks.
- Add the remainder of the crisp topping over the pineapples.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes uncovered.
- Allow crisp to cool before enjoying.